Andrew Strauss to step down as England captain?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Southampton: England Test captain Andrew Strauss is likely to step down on Wednesday, according to reports in the English media.
It was announced late on Tuesday that Hugh Morris, the managing director of the England team, would hold a press conference at Lord`s at noon on Wednesday, which led to media speculation of his resignation.
Under Strauss, England slumped to a humiliating 0-2 defeat at the hands of South Africa, who replaced them on the top of the Test rankings following the defeat. He also struggled to score runs in the series with his best score being 37 in three Tests.
The international future of Kevin Pietersen will also become clearer on Wednesday. He has been sidelined from England action since making 149 in the drawn second Test at Headingley after he admitted sending "provocative" texts to South African players. Some of these were alleged to have been critical of Strauss, Pietersen`s successor as England captain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates