Andrew Strauss to step down as England captain?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Southampton: England Test captain Andrew Strauss is likely to step down on Wednesday, according to reports in the English media.
It was announced late on Tuesday that Hugh Morris, the managing director of the England team, would hold a press conference at Lord`s at noon on Wednesday, which led to media speculation of his resignation.
Under Strauss, England slumped to a humiliating 0-2 defeat at the hands of South Africa, who replaced them on the top of the Test rankings following the defeat. He also struggled to score runs in the series with his best score being 37 in three Tests.
The international future of Kevin Pietersen will also become clearer on Wednesday. He has been sidelined from England action since making 149 in the drawn second Test at Headingley after he admitted sending "provocative" texts to South African players. Some of these were alleged to have been critical of Strauss, Pietersen`s successor as England captain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured