Angry Akmal threatens to sue Zulqarnain Haider
Lahore: Discarded Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal has threatened to sue another controversial `keeper Zulqarnain Haider as he feels that the latter is maligning his image.
Haider who has made a return to first class cricket this season for the ZTBL team alleged in an interview on Monday that Kamran and his brothers had formed a lobby in the Pakistan team and were responsible for his ouster and that of many other players including former captain, Shahid Afridi.
Haider said that Kamran and his brothers had caused lot of damage to the team and were involved in intrigues and politics.
Kamran responding to Haider`s allegations said he would not comment on the issue but had directed his lawyer to file damages against the former Pakistan wicketkeeper as soon as possible.
"This time I am not going to leave him and I will be suing him. Either he has to substantiate his allegations or pay up," Kamran said.
The senior player insisted that neither he nor his brothers had ever been involved in lobbying in the team and were against no player.
"If we were so powerful, would I be out of the team at the moment? Umar is also out of the Tests against Sri Lanka. What is he talking about? I have always supported every captain anyone can ask Shahid Afridi about this why should I be against him," Kamran added.
Critics pointed out that Haider`s latest outburst might be due to the fact that Zaka Ashraf the newly appointed Chairman of the PCB is presently heading the ZTBL bank and might have sympathy for him and this could pave the way for his (Haider?s) return to the national team.
Presently the wicketkeeper`s slot in the national team has gone to Adnan the youngest of the Akmal brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda