Angry Akmal threatens to sue Zulqarnain Haider
Lahore: Discarded Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal has threatened to sue another controversial `keeper Zulqarnain Haider as he feels that the latter is maligning his image.
Haider who has made a return to first class cricket this season for the ZTBL team alleged in an interview on Monday that Kamran and his brothers had formed a lobby in the Pakistan team and were responsible for his ouster and that of many other players including former captain, Shahid Afridi.
Haider said that Kamran and his brothers had caused lot of damage to the team and were involved in intrigues and politics.
Kamran responding to Haider`s allegations said he would not comment on the issue but had directed his lawyer to file damages against the former Pakistan wicketkeeper as soon as possible.
"This time I am not going to leave him and I will be suing him. Either he has to substantiate his allegations or pay up," Kamran said.
The senior player insisted that neither he nor his brothers had ever been involved in lobbying in the team and were against no player.
"If we were so powerful, would I be out of the team at the moment? Umar is also out of the Tests against Sri Lanka. What is he talking about? I have always supported every captain anyone can ask Shahid Afridi about this why should I be against him," Kamran added.
Critics pointed out that Haider`s latest outburst might be due to the fact that Zaka Ashraf the newly appointed Chairman of the PCB is presently heading the ZTBL bank and might have sympathy for him and this could pave the way for his (Haider?s) return to the national team.
Presently the wicketkeeper`s slot in the national team has gone to Adnan the youngest of the Akmal brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test