Angry fans greet Pakistani cricketers on return from Zimbabwe
Karachi: Pakistan`s head coach Dav Whatmore and cricketers faced the heat for the first time for the national team`s disappointing performance in Zimbabwe when they returned home on Monday night.
In an unusual happening a few hundred angry cricket fans gathered outside the Lahore airport terminal and as soon as the players and coach came out they were booed.
Some of the angry cricket fans were also carrying banners demanding the captain and coach to step down for the team`s defeats in the ODI and Test match in Zimbabwe.
Not surprisingly the players and coach hastened out of the terminal and were whisked away in waiting cars by Pakistan Cricket Board officials without any interaction with the waiting media.
"We wanted to express our disappointment because even after losing a Test to a weak team like Zimbabwe we see no remorse from the captain, coach, manager or players," one of the protesters told a television channel.
Whatmore, whose tenure with the Pakistan team also appears to be on the line, has tweeted that Zimbabwe had surprised them with their determination in the series.
"Zimbabwe deserves credit for playing better than us and we didn`t expect them to give us such a tough time," he wrore on his twitter page.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported