Ankeet Chavan released from Tihar Jail
New Delhi: Suspended cricketer Ankeet Chavan, who was arrested on allegations of spot-fixing, was today released from Tihar Jail, a day after a court granted him bail to solemnise his marriage.
"Chavan was released from Jail Number 1 at 8:05 PM," Tihar Law officer Sunil Gupta told PTI.
Chavan had sought bail on the ground that his marriage is fixed for June 2 and if the wedding does not take place it will harm his reputation and that of his fiancee.
He was granted bail till June 6.
Chavan had to deposit two sureties of Rs 1 lakh each and a personal bond of Rs 1 lakh with the court before he was granted bail.
The cricketer was directed to surrender his passport and not to make any direct of indirect inducement to any person related to the case. He was arrested on May 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'