Annual report to dominate agenda at BCCI meeting
Mumbai: Passing of the annual report and accounts for the 2009-10 fiscal are set to dominate the agenda when the Cricket Board’s all-powerful Working Committee meets here on Saturday.
“This is a normal meeting of the WC before the AGM (in September). Passing of annual report and accounts are the main points on the agenda,” sources told reporters.
This being the second meeting of the WC in less than a month, there are a few decisions taken by the BCCI’s sub committees, which had met in the intervening period, that need ratification.
Among those that need to be ratified are the decisions taken at the IPL’s Governing Council and the Finance Committee meeting pertaining to the accounts.
The BCCI has taken a hit in terms of revenues from IPL, a deficit of Rs 39 crore, due to the extra expenses incurred following the shifting of the Twenty20 League’s 2009 edition to South Africa.
All the recommendations of the Finance Committee, including disbursement of Rs 202 crore from the BCCI’s coffers to the 25 state associations which are affiliated to it, are expected to be passed.
Cricketing matters are likely to be pushed to the background at the meeting unless they are raised by former Test cricketers such as Mumbai Cricket Association’s Dilip Vengsarkar and Hyderabad’s Shivlal Yadav.
At the last WC meeting, the BCCI had rejected the request of the Commonwealth Games to be the lead partner by donating Rs 100 crore and had claimed a satisfactory resolution to the WADA Anti-Doping issue with the ICC.
At that sitting, the WC had also approved the proposal to seek the services of hockey Olympian Dr Vece Paes as an Anti-Doping Officer.
The WC had also approved the candidature of Alan Isaac, Chairman, New Zealand Cricket, for the post of ICC Vice-President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH