Another loss against Sri Lanka will see England lose No.1 status
London: England’s Test team is under tremendous pressure, as a win in Colombo at the venue of the first Test match played against Sri Lanka, will secure a share of the series, and help them retain No.1 status.
A fifth loss in a row will see England slip to third position and bring Andrew Strauss’ captaincy under scrutiny, even more so if he fails to score with bat.
Jonathan Trott was the latest member of Team England to offer his full support for the skipper.
Trott was still able to answer the question whether a series of wins eased the pressure on the team and a series of defeats, like they are in, builds it, The Daily Mirror reports.
“Absolutely. It makes a story for you guys, but that is a fair call. The pressure builds, for sure. Every Test match for England there is pressure – everyone feels self-pride at being part of a successful team,” he said.
“In the changing room there is a highly-motivated bunch of guys who don’t like losing. So winning is a bit of a habit and it would be nice to get back into that habit.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician