Another Rajasthan Royals player being questioned
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Siddharth Trivedi was being questioned by Delhi Police in connection with spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), a senior police official said Friday.
He said Trivedi, whose IPL teammates colleagues S. Sreesant, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila have been arrested, was offered a bribe for spot fixing.
Trivedi was contacted by a bookie during the IPL but declined to accept the bribe for spot fixing in the matches, the official said.
Trivedi might be presented before court as a witness in the IPL spot fixing case, the source added.
Besides the three Rajasthan Royals players, police have also arrested Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh and the Indian cricket board president`s son-in-law Guru Meiyappan for spot fixing and betting in cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users