Another Rajasthan Royals player being questioned
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Siddharth Trivedi was being questioned by Delhi Police in connection with spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), a senior police official said Friday.
He said Trivedi, whose IPL teammates colleagues S. Sreesant, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila have been arrested, was offered a bribe for spot fixing.
Trivedi was contacted by a bookie during the IPL but declined to accept the bribe for spot fixing in the matches, the official said.
Trivedi might be presented before court as a witness in the IPL spot fixing case, the source added.
Besides the three Rajasthan Royals players, police have also arrested Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh and the Indian cricket board president`s son-in-law Guru Meiyappan for spot fixing and betting in cricket.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!