Another Rajasthan Royals player being questioned
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Siddharth Trivedi was being questioned by Delhi Police in connection with spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), a senior police official said Friday.
He said Trivedi, whose IPL teammates colleagues S. Sreesant, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila have been arrested, was offered a bribe for spot fixing.
Trivedi was contacted by a bookie during the IPL but declined to accept the bribe for spot fixing in the matches, the official said.
Trivedi might be presented before court as a witness in the IPL spot fixing case, the source added.
Besides the three Rajasthan Royals players, police have also arrested Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh and the Indian cricket board president`s son-in-law Guru Meiyappan for spot fixing and betting in cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice