Another Rajasthan Royals player being questioned
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Siddharth Trivedi was being questioned by Delhi Police in connection with spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), a senior police official said Friday.
He said Trivedi, whose IPL teammates colleagues S. Sreesant, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila have been arrested, was offered a bribe for spot fixing.
Trivedi was contacted by a bookie during the IPL but declined to accept the bribe for spot fixing in the matches, the official said.
Trivedi might be presented before court as a witness in the IPL spot fixing case, the source added.
Besides the three Rajasthan Royals players, police have also arrested Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh and the Indian cricket board president`s son-in-law Guru Meiyappan for spot fixing and betting in cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa