Anti-Corruption workshop concludes in Dubai
Dubai: A two-day anti-corruption workshop, which concluded here on Friday, held discussions regarding the challenges the game of cricket is facing and how to combat the menace of corruption.
Coordinated by the ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit, the workshop was attended by the heads of eight of the 10 domestic anti-corruption units of the full members and the ACSU`s Chairman Sir Ronnie Flanangan at the ICC Headquarters.
"There was great awareness amongst the group about the challenges the game is facing and different perspectives were shared on how to combat the menace of corruption," ICC ACSU`s General Manager Yogendra Pal Singh said.
"With the commitment and positive approach shown by the participants, I am confident that cricket as a whole is heading in the right direction in our fight against corruption.
"The sport of cricket collectively has a zero-tolerance towards corruption and we will do everything we can to protect the integrity of our great sport," he added.
Stating it was an extremely useful two-day workshop, Singh said, "We developed relationships, shared a lot of information, discussed ideas and looked ahead to the future.
"Those individuals who are motivated to corrupt the sport of cricket know no geographical boundaries and only a coordinated approach at international and domestic level will achieve success in our ongoing fight to protect the integrity of the sport.
"With that in mind, positive discussions took place on how best to share information, address multi-jurisdictional threats, cooperate with one another in performing the necessary investigatory functions and ensure consistency of robust regulatory frameworks and effective education systems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday