Anti-south Indian lobby in BCCI conspiring against me: N Srinivasan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: N Srinivasan has claimed that he is a victim of an anti-south Indian lobby in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that is conspiring against him.
Srinivasan was responding to a query regarding Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy’s tweet in which the latter has claimed that a north Indian lobby was targeting south Indians in the BCCI.
"It is an open secret that there is a conspiracy against south Indians," he said in an interview to a TV channel.
Srinivasan was forced to step aside from the post of BCCI’s president following the arrest of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan’s in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
He said that the charges against Gurunath will be disproved.
"I have trust in him and believe that he will come out unscathed. The charges against him will be disproved," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB