Anti-south Indian lobby in BCCI conspiring against me: N Srinivasan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: N Srinivasan has claimed that he is a victim of an anti-south Indian lobby in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that is conspiring against him.
Srinivasan was responding to a query regarding Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy’s tweet in which the latter has claimed that a north Indian lobby was targeting south Indians in the BCCI.
"It is an open secret that there is a conspiracy against south Indians," he said in an interview to a TV channel.
Srinivasan was forced to step aside from the post of BCCI’s president following the arrest of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan’s in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
He said that the charges against Gurunath will be disproved.
"I have trust in him and believe that he will come out unscathed. The charges against him will be disproved," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview