Anyone found guilty of spot fixing should be punished: Azhar
Ranaghat: Former India cricket skipper Mohammad Azharuddin said the `spot-fixing` allegations concerning Pakistani cricketers should be investigated properly by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
"It is a sensitive issue and matter of investigation by the ICC," Azharuddin told reporters.
"The ICC is investigating the matter and the guilty, if found, should be punished," he added.
Azhar was in the town to attend a Congress party meeting.
World cricket was rocked by the spot-fixing scam last Sunday after `News of the World` posted a `sting operation` video showing an alleged fixer Mazhar Majeed making bowlers Mohammad Aamir and Mohammad Asif bowl deliberate no-balls during the fourth Test against England at Lord`s.
The bookie also claimed to have links with Indian bookmakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter