Anyone found guilty of spot fixing should be punished: Azhar
Ranaghat: Former India cricket skipper Mohammad Azharuddin said the `spot-fixing` allegations concerning Pakistani cricketers should be investigated properly by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
"It is a sensitive issue and matter of investigation by the ICC," Azharuddin told reporters.
"The ICC is investigating the matter and the guilty, if found, should be punished," he added.
Azhar was in the town to attend a Congress party meeting.
World cricket was rocked by the spot-fixing scam last Sunday after `News of the World` posted a `sting operation` video showing an alleged fixer Mazhar Majeed making bowlers Mohammad Aamir and Mohammad Asif bowl deliberate no-balls during the fourth Test against England at Lord`s.
The bookie also claimed to have links with Indian bookmakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’