Appoint Gavaskar as BCCI chief: SC to BCCI - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
1:40 pm: So the SC has proposed three points to BCCI: 1st: CSK and RR should not play in the forthcoming IPL.
2nd: Sunil Gavaskar should be made interim president of the BCCI.
3rd: Players associated with India cement should not participate in the IPL.
SC asks BCCI to come up with its response on its proposals tomorrow.
1:20 pm BCCI to SC: Srinivasan ready to step aside from the presidential post of the BCCI.
1:15 pm SC to BCCI: CSK and RR should be suspended from the forthcoming edition of IPL.
1:10 pm SC to BCCI: Sunil Gavaskar should be made BCCI's interim President.
1:00 pm Petitioner's lawyer also claimed that Dhoni is also Vice President of India cements, this is how conflict of interest arises.
12:20 am Salve says in face of such allegations, IPL's Chennai franchise -- CSK -- must be suspended.
12:15 am Petitioner's lawyer Harish Salve says MS Dhoni's deposition on Gurunath Meiyappan was incorrect.
11:40 am BCCI to SC: Srinivasan will step aside for a duration of IPL spot-fixing probe.
11:30 am According to the sources, BCCI offers that N Srinivasan would set aside for a free and fair probe.
11:18 am BCCI to SC: We are ready for probe by any authority.
11:15 am BCCI: We will take actions against those who are named in Mudgal panel report.
11:05 am SC says we will have to think hard for the benefit of cricket and will have to pass order.
11:00 am BCCI gives its proposal before SC assuring it of initiating disciplinary proceedings on the basis of recommendations of Mudgal committee report.
10:47 am According to the sources, Shivlal Yadav would become BCCI's interim president once SC will order Srinivasan to step down.
10:37 am Three of five BCCI Vice Presidents -- Shivlal Yadav, Ravi Sawant and Chitrak Mitra -- put pressure on Srinivasan by saying that he should honour Supreme Court's observation but the Tail Nadu strong man stuck to his guns.
10:27 am Sacked IPL commissioner Lalit Modi backed the statement by Shashank Manohar as he stated: "I completely agree with Mr Shashank Manohar and his observations on the fact that the serious allegations regarding betting, spot-fixing and match-fixing are (sic) all seriously tarnished the image of the game and importantly, the fans and the public at large are slowly but surely starting to lose faith in the Indian Premier League in particular and game at large.
10:22 am Within few minutes from now the Supreme Court will resume hearing on the IPL-fixing issue.
Two days back Supreme Court made it clear that the BCCI president should step down to enable a fair investigation in the Indian Premier League (IPL) betting scandal.
The court, which had on Tuesday asked the BCCI chief as to why he was sticking to the chair, wanted Srinivasan to quit on his own, otherwise it would pronounce its own decision if he doesn`t quit.
The powerful BCCI chief has continued to remain mum on the SC observation that he should step down from his post.
N Srinivasan on Wednesday said that he won`t quit from his post and wait for the apex court order due on Thursday.
TV news channels quoted a defiant Srinivasan as saying, “I have done no wrong and no one can force me out of BCCI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA