‘Argus Report’ recommendations to provide more opportunities for Oz coach: Sutherland
Sydney: The new Australian coach will be asked to initiate a more sophisticated scouting system, according to Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive James Sutherland.
Sutherland believes that it would be one of the major advantages of the new coaching structure ushered in by the ‘Argus Report’.
“There are opportunities for the head coach to be a better coach by every now and again having mental health breaks or whatever you might call it, but also to take a break to get out of the team and spend time thinking about and preparing for the next series,” the Age quoted Sutherland, as saying.
“On the road, you’re putting one foot in front of the other so often. We know how it works in footy, one chapter closes as soon as the siren blows and they start planning for next week,” he added.
He further ruled out appointment of separate coaches for Twenty20 and ODIs.
“I don’t expect it, but I believe we should be open to those opportunities. It still comes down to making sure you’ve got the right people in those roles,” Sutherland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof