‘Argus Report’ recommendations to provide more opportunities for Oz coach: Sutherland
Sydney: The new Australian coach will be asked to initiate a more sophisticated scouting system, according to Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive James Sutherland.
Sutherland believes that it would be one of the major advantages of the new coaching structure ushered in by the ‘Argus Report’.
“There are opportunities for the head coach to be a better coach by every now and again having mental health breaks or whatever you might call it, but also to take a break to get out of the team and spend time thinking about and preparing for the next series,” the Age quoted Sutherland, as saying.
“On the road, you’re putting one foot in front of the other so often. We know how it works in footy, one chapter closes as soon as the siren blows and they start planning for next week,” he added.
He further ruled out appointment of separate coaches for Twenty20 and ODIs.
“I don’t expect it, but I believe we should be open to those opportunities. It still comes down to making sure you’ve got the right people in those roles,” Sutherland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered