Arjun Tendulkar dropped from Mumbai`s U-14 probables squad
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Mumbai Cricket Association’s (MCA) junior selection committee dropped Arjun Tendulkar from a 30-member U-14 probables squad considering his poor form in mind.
Arjun’s poor form in selection trials and other tournaments reportedly contributed to his ousting from the 30-member squad, according to a leading Indian daily.
Selectors said that Arjun’s fielding also wasn’t up to the mark as per today’s standards, and it is something he needs to take seriously.
"There are so many people involved with Arjun`s coaching but still, his fielding is nowhere near today`s standards. He needs to improve a lot in that area. His batting is fine but he needs to convert starts into big scores like the other promising young players," a selector was quoted as saying in the report.
As per reports, selectors also wanted him to realise that the path ahead for him won’t be easy just because he is the son of Indian batting stalwart Sachin Tendulkar.
"We felt that this decision to drop him will change him for the better. Hopefully, in the next two years we might see a different Arjun. But for that to happen he needs to work harder" an MCA insider said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II