Arthur admits `divide in trust` between Watson, team leadership
Sydney: Australian coach Mickey Arthur has admitted that there is a divide in trust between former vice captain Shane Watson and the leadership of the team heading into the Ashes.
Former vice-captain Watson, who was stood down from the third Test in March`s tour of India, along with three other players, for not submitting homework, was alleged to have taken umbrage at the way Arthur was handling opener David Warner`s disciplinary process, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Although Arthur dismissed the allegations, he admitted that Watson still had not regained complete trust in the way the team was being run after the India Tests, adding that they are working on decreasing the divide between Watson, captain Michael Clarke and himself.
Stating that Watson had no `massive view` on what Warner`s punishment should be for punching England rival Joe Root at a Birmingham bar last weekend, Arthur further said that the tensions between Watson, Clarke and himself were `fixable`, adding that Watson has acted very professional in the way he has come back into the environment and approached the issues.
Playing down speculations about tensions existing within the team, Arthur said that the players are now focusing on for Monday`s pivotal group ICC Champions Trophy match against Sri Lanka at The Oval, and have put behind all the disrupting incidents behind.
Meanwhile, Clarke agreed with Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive James Sutherland that the five players present with Warner - Clint Mckay, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Marsh, Phillip Hughes and Glenn Maxwell - also deserved to feel guilty of letting down the team.
According to the skipper, to be out at a late hour, carrying on like they were celebrating after a loss, especially with the opposition, does not look good for the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'