Arthur dismisses concern over Pattinson injury
Melbourne: Australian cricket coach Mickey Arthur has dismissed concerns over James Pattinson’s injury, and added that it is a part and parcel of fast bowling.
"I would bowl him every day of the week if I could and let him loose ... the more for him the better. I feel the same for all the younger bowlers. I think we`ve got to live with the fact that bowling is a real tough gig and guys are going to break down. We`ve just got to get them ready to go again after that,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Arthur, as saying.
Pattinson is set to miss the start of the Caribbean tour due to a left buttock strain suffered in the triangular one-day series finals and is also expected to miss the opening one-dayer against the West Indies.
It is a further setback for him after his entire season was marred with a foot injury midway through the Test series against India, the paper reported.
Pattinson and the rest of the Australian cricket team took a day off after arriving in St Vincent and the Grenadines following a long journey halfway round the world.
Arthur also stressed resting and revitalising after a long journey was the most important thing right now.
"The trip was hugely long and very tiring. For us it`s quite important to let the guys just settle in today. It also gives us as management a chance to go through exactly what we want to go through with the guys and get our planning and our strategising right,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir