Arthur felt emotional for right reasons after watching Oz`s reversal of fortunes in Ashes
Sydney: The Australian media has reported that former national coach Mickey Arthur felt a bit emotional as Australia gained an unbeatable 3-0 lead in the Ashes, and felt this way for the right reasons.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, new coach Darren Lehmann, of the so-called old school ways, is receiving much of the credit for Australia`s turnaround.
He inherited a team with problems of performance, behaviour and unity, and a few months later it has won back the Ashes, the report said.
Arthur said that he can still derive satisfaction from playing a part in the process leading to this point for the Australian team, and the praise for Lehmann, and his role in causing the reversal of fortune were matters he accepts.
He also revealed that in response to his latest column, he got very nice replies from Lehmann and Australian cricket`s chief executive James Sutherland .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley