Arthur`s action not consistent with his words: Haddin
London: Australian vice-captain Brad Haddin has hit back at former coach Micky Arthur saying his actions are not consistent with his words.
Arthur, who was sacked by Cricket Australia (CA) just ahead of the Ashes following the team`s poor show in the Champions Trophy, has revealed that bitter factionalism has led to a rift between skipper Michael Clarke and Shane Watson.
The South African allegedly termed the role of Watson`s faction in the Test team as a cancer.
Questioning the timing of the claims made by Arthur, Haddin said the South African in his departing press conference had talked about taking responsibility for the team`s performances and leaving the job with dignity.
"I fail to see how this course of action is consistent with his words and I am disappointed that this has been released two days before such an important Test match," Haddin was quoted.
Haddin said Darren Lehmann is doing a wonderful job as the new Australian coach.
Arthur`s claims come at a time when Australia have suffered a loss in the first Ashes Test against England and only two days are left for the start of the second Test at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!