Arthur`s future dependent on Ashes result following sacking of `flagrant four`: Buchanan
Sydney: Former Australian coach John Buchanan has claimed Mickey Arthur`s future as national team`s coach and selector depends on their performance in the Ashes this year, following his decision to sack four players from the third Test against India in Mohali over a serious disciplinary breach.
With the Ashes in England less than four months away, Buchanan believes the Australians have virtually run out of time to have structural stability in place to upset the England on their turf.
The ex-Queensland mastermind concedes dropping Shane Watson, Mitchell Johnson, James Pattinson and Usman Khawaja was a hard-line strategy, which could either make Arthur an Ashes hero or finish him as Australian coach.
Arthur, the former South African mentor, is contracted until the end of the 2015 World Cup.
Buchanan said at this point it could be a masterstroke or it could be the reverse and he doesn`t think it will be anywhere in between.
Buchanan added there is a very clear message there and whether that is the right message, or whether it has been delivered, or arrived at correctly will show in terms of whether it brings about a change in the way this Australian group gels together, or signify an end to what has been going on before.
The former coach added, “it will continue to ferment and there is only one loser if it goes wrong and it will be the coach,” adding he definitely thinks it has provided some advantage to England but time will tell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?