As per SC directive, Srinivasan won`t assume charge: Rajiv Shukla
Chennai: The newly appointed BCCI vice-president Rajeev Shukla on Sunday said that N Srinivasan "wouldn`t assume charge as per Supreme Court directive" and the Tamil Nadu strongman has made it clear to the members of the board.
"He (Srinivasan) has made it very clear that elections have taken place. He (Srinivasan) told us,"Now after AGM, new office-bearers will take over but except me." As per Supreme Court directive, he would not assume charge," Shukla told the waiting mediapersons after the AGM got over.
Saurashtra Cricket Association chief Niranjan Shah, who has been uncremoniously dumped from the post of vice-president by Srinivasan put up a brave face in front of mediapersons.
"It is a democratic process and you go by what the majority thinks," Shah sais when asked about his ouster.
When questioned as to whether he has felt bad, Shah gave a vague reply,"That is a different matter. It is a part of election but I have no grudge."
Another senior administrator Jagmohan Dalmiya also tried to play down the issue of not being appointed the IPL chairman.
"I was a BCCI president as well as an ICC president. I have spent time in high offices," Dalmiya said as he prepared to leave the hotel venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it