`Achilles heel hit` Prior pronounces himself fit for Lord`s Test
Johannesburg: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has said he would be fine to face Australia in the second Test at Lord`s.
Prior did not play in a planned way on Monday, leading to concerns he had aggravated an Achilles problem during England`s 14-run win in the first Test at Trent Bridge.
Prior told a news conference at Lord`s that he felt completely fit and well to play against Australia.
England is bidding for a third straight series win over Australia, but Prior insisted the team was not under-estimating their arch-rivals.
He said that it was always going to be a tight series and that`s what the team has prepared itself for.
He added that the Australians are fighters, they`re not going to lie down and die at any stage and his team had to fight equally as hard, to get in position to win the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location