`Achilles heel hit` Prior pronounces himself fit for Lord`s Test
Johannesburg: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has said he would be fine to face Australia in the second Test at Lord`s.
Prior did not play in a planned way on Monday, leading to concerns he had aggravated an Achilles problem during England`s 14-run win in the first Test at Trent Bridge.
Prior told a news conference at Lord`s that he felt completely fit and well to play against Australia.
England is bidding for a third straight series win over Australia, but Prior insisted the team was not under-estimating their arch-rivals.
He said that it was always going to be a tight series and that`s what the team has prepared itself for.
He added that the Australians are fighters, they`re not going to lie down and die at any stage and his team had to fight equally as hard, to get in position to win the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000