`Bad boy` Warner wants to become next `Mr Cricket` for Australia
Sydney: Australian batsman David Warner, who will play at No.6 when he returns to the national test team, has said that he wants to become Australian cricket`s next Mike Hussey.
According to the Daily Telegraph, if Warner can make runs for Australia A on a two-match tour to Africa departing on Tuesday, he would be considered for an immediate return at Old Trafford for the third Test.
Warner said that he would do everything to fill the Mike Hussey role and his natural hitting style would help in making that transition.
The report said that Warner is ready to take the challenge of playing in the middle order and says his opening days are over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users