`Changed man` Pietersen not to cause any trouble in Ashes squad, says Swann
London: England spinner Graeme Swann has said that controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen is a changed man this summer as he has learnt his lesson, adding that he will not cause any trouble in the Ashes dressing room.
Pietersen returns to the Test arena for the first time in three months following knee trouble, with former captain Andrew Strauss warning of potential divisions ahead, saying that he `distanced himself` from his team-mates last summer.
According to a report, Strauss and Pietersen fell out when the controversial batsman was caught texting friends in the South Africa dressing room last summer, which led to him being axed from the side.
However, Swann said that the team has no issues with Pietersen and vice versa, which bodes well for the next six weeks, although the report said that Swann`s endorsement is significant given that the spinner was known to be highly supportive of Strauss`s captaincy last summer.
According to Swann, Pietersen had performed exceptionally in their India tour, both on and off the field, and has become a positive part of the side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform