`Merciless` Anderson admits England eyeing 5-0 Ashes whitewash
London: England fast bowler James Anderson has said that he felt no sympathy for Australia after facing a 5-0 defeat in Australia six years ago and admitted that the team had set its sights on a 5-0 Ashes whitewash.
Anderson said that their team`s job was to win games and they would do everything to win the series 5-0, adding that memories of 2006-07 had helped us a lot but it was not a great place for a team to be on the end of the embarrassing defeats.
Anderson was one of the four members of the current England team that suffered the ultimate humiliation at the hands of Ricky Ponting and Co Down Under six years ago, a report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh