`Sir` Swann jokes he could become British PM if England whitewashe Oz in Ashes!
Sydney: England spinner Graeme Swann, who has got out some of Australia``s best players, has joked he could get knighted and become PM in five years time if England win 5-0 and he takes 50 wickets in the Ashes. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Swann said that there was a feel good factor that has taken hold of Britain after the heroics of the Lions in Australia and Andy Murray at Wimbledon. Although Swann does not have an exceptional record against Australia, with 29 wickets at 40 in 10 Tests, he has removed some of Australia``s best batsmen and loves the big occasion, the report said. Swann also made a little praise about Australian off-spinner Nathan Lyon and said that he had done well but was carrying a massive burden of being Australia``s off-spinner that everyone had carried since Shane Warne retired, adding that he was glad it did not exist in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal