`Sir` Swann jokes he could become British PM if England whitewashe Oz in Ashes!
Sydney: England spinner Graeme Swann, who has got out some of Australia``s best players, has joked he could get knighted and become PM in five years time if England win 5-0 and he takes 50 wickets in the Ashes. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Swann said that there was a feel good factor that has taken hold of Britain after the heroics of the Lions in Australia and Andy Murray at Wimbledon. Although Swann does not have an exceptional record against Australia, with 29 wickets at 40 in 10 Tests, he has removed some of Australia``s best batsmen and loves the big occasion, the report said. Swann also made a little praise about Australian off-spinner Nathan Lyon and said that he had done well but was carrying a massive burden of being Australia``s off-spinner that everyone had carried since Shane Warne retired, adding that he was glad it did not exist in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown