`Sir` Swann jokes he could become British PM if England whitewashe Oz in Ashes!
Sydney: England spinner Graeme Swann, who has got out some of Australia``s best players, has joked he could get knighted and become PM in five years time if England win 5-0 and he takes 50 wickets in the Ashes. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Swann said that there was a feel good factor that has taken hold of Britain after the heroics of the Lions in Australia and Andy Murray at Wimbledon. Although Swann does not have an exceptional record against Australia, with 29 wickets at 40 in 10 Tests, he has removed some of Australia``s best batsmen and loves the big occasion, the report said. Swann also made a little praise about Australian off-spinner Nathan Lyon and said that he had done well but was carrying a massive burden of being Australia``s off-spinner that everyone had carried since Shane Warne retired, adding that he was glad it did not exist in England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets