Akram says Anderson can surpass his Test wicket record
London: Former Pakistan pace bowler Wasim Akram has tipped England bowler James Anderson to reach 450 Test wickets, who currently needs only six more wickets to pass Bob Willis to become England`s second-highest Test wicket-taker.
According to The Daily Star, Anderson is near Ian Botham`s record tally of 383 and with his control of swing, both ways at pace, Akram expects the Lancashire bowler to reach that target easily.
Akram said that Anderson could even surpass his own national record tally of 414 Test wickets, adding that Anderson was only 31 and if he did not get injured, he should be looking at 450.
The former Pakistan player, now a TV pundit, regards Anderson as the best bowler in the world and one who has mastered the art of reverse and conventional swing, the report said.
Akram feels the presence of his former teammate Mushtaq Ahmed, England`s spin-bowling coach, will also have a positive impact, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre