Akram says Anderson can surpass his Test wicket record
London: Former Pakistan pace bowler Wasim Akram has tipped England bowler James Anderson to reach 450 Test wickets, who currently needs only six more wickets to pass Bob Willis to become England`s second-highest Test wicket-taker.
According to The Daily Star, Anderson is near Ian Botham`s record tally of 383 and with his control of swing, both ways at pace, Akram expects the Lancashire bowler to reach that target easily.
Akram said that Anderson could even surpass his own national record tally of 414 Test wickets, adding that Anderson was only 31 and if he did not get injured, he should be looking at 450.
The former Pakistan player, now a TV pundit, regards Anderson as the best bowler in the world and one who has mastered the art of reverse and conventional swing, the report said.
Akram feels the presence of his former teammate Mushtaq Ahmed, England`s spin-bowling coach, will also have a positive impact, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player