Alec Stewart warns England against complacency in Ashes showdown with `underdogs` Aussies
London: Former England captain and wicketkeeper Alec Stewart believes that the nation`s cricket team should take the Aussies seriously, in order to avoid losing to an underdog Australian team the way they did in 1989.
The former great expected to see a tough contest in all the five Tests and said that whoever settles the nerves first would be likely to emerge as winner.
He added that he thought England would win the five match series but the team needed to bring its A game with them, backing up its batting qualities.
Stewart remembered how an extremely underrated Australian team in 1989 had smashed England 4-0 at their home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert