Alec Stewart warns England against complacency in Ashes showdown with `underdogs` Aussies
London: Former England captain and wicketkeeper Alec Stewart believes that the nation`s cricket team should take the Aussies seriously, in order to avoid losing to an underdog Australian team the way they did in 1989.
The former great expected to see a tough contest in all the five Tests and said that whoever settles the nerves first would be likely to emerge as winner.
He added that he thought England would win the five match series but the team needed to bring its A game with them, backing up its batting qualities.
Stewart remembered how an extremely underrated Australian team in 1989 had smashed England 4-0 at their home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh