All the 18 are in the mix: Lehmann
London: Australian coach Darren Lehmann was Tuesday not willing to give anything away on the eve of the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge indicating only that skipper Michael Clarke will also be playing as a spinner.
Lehmann also refused to say whether his pace trump, James Pattinson, will be in the XI against England.
"We`re really keeping the side quiet until the morning of the Test match," Lehmann told radio station 5AA.
"All the 18 are in the mix. The reason for not telling anyone the side is basic - we`ve got an advantage in that regard that they don`t know who we`re going to pick. That`s an advantage for us so we may as well use it."
Lehmann declared Clarke fit to lead the Australia.
"Yeah, he`ll play. He doesn`t do too much a couple of days out," he said. "He had a good hit yesterday so he was no dramas. He`ll be right to go."
Asked if Dave Warner will open the batting Lehmann said: "It certainly won`t happen this series because we`ve said we`re going to open with Watson and Rogers. He`s got some work to do. He knows that. He`s a chance to open for us again at some stage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video