All the 18 are in the mix: Lehmann
London: Australian coach Darren Lehmann was Tuesday not willing to give anything away on the eve of the first Ashes Test at Trent Bridge indicating only that skipper Michael Clarke will also be playing as a spinner.
Lehmann also refused to say whether his pace trump, James Pattinson, will be in the XI against England.
"We`re really keeping the side quiet until the morning of the Test match," Lehmann told radio station 5AA.
"All the 18 are in the mix. The reason for not telling anyone the side is basic - we`ve got an advantage in that regard that they don`t know who we`re going to pick. That`s an advantage for us so we may as well use it."
Lehmann declared Clarke fit to lead the Australia.
"Yeah, he`ll play. He doesn`t do too much a couple of days out," he said. "He had a good hit yesterday so he was no dramas. He`ll be right to go."
Asked if Dave Warner will open the batting Lehmann said: "It certainly won`t happen this series because we`ve said we`re going to open with Watson and Rogers. He`s got some work to do. He knows that. He`s a chance to open for us again at some stage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL