Anderson calls on England to inflict more misery on Oz in ODIs
Sydney: England paceman James Anderson, who has been rested for the upcoming one-day international series against Australia, has called on his team to inflict more misery on their archrivals ahead of the series which start on Friday.
According to News.com.au, England will take on their old enemy again in the first of five matches in the shorter format and coming three weeks after their Ashes triumph.
Anderson, who has earned a well-earned break with a busy winter schedule on the horizon including the return Ashes, has urged his side to beat Australia again, saying that any match against Australia is ultra-competitive for England.
The Lancashire bowler further said that the ODI series present a good opportunity to keep the momentum going from the Test series and also gives a good opportunity for the less-experienced players to get more experience.
According to Anderson, the series may even unearth a star of the future that could be crucial for England in the coming months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj