Anderson moves to second on England`s list of top Test wicket takers
London: England pace spearhead James Anderson has moved into the second position on his country`s all-time list of Test wicket-takers, with his 326th Test victim being Australian captain Michael Clarke on Day one of the final Ashes Test on Wednesday.
According to Metro.co.uk, Anderson drew level with former England cricketer Bob Willis on 325 in the morning when David Warner edged behind, and is now behind former Test captain Sir Ian Botham, who has 383 scalps.
Despite Anderson`s milestone, Australia will be happy with their effort after Shane Watson`s third Test century helped them to 307/4 at stumps.
Meanwhile, Anderson had said that he is playing in the final Ashes Test at The Oval to finish what he started and get back to the form that he would like.
Even though the match would not change the fact that England has won the Ashes and Anderson seems in need of a rest, the strike bowler feels that he has unfinished business in this series and a point to prove ahead of the return Ashes in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan