Anderson moves to second on England`s list of top Test wicket takers
London: England pace spearhead James Anderson has moved into the second position on his country`s all-time list of Test wicket-takers, with his 326th Test victim being Australian captain Michael Clarke on Day one of the final Ashes Test on Wednesday.
According to Metro.co.uk, Anderson drew level with former England cricketer Bob Willis on 325 in the morning when David Warner edged behind, and is now behind former Test captain Sir Ian Botham, who has 383 scalps.
Despite Anderson`s milestone, Australia will be happy with their effort after Shane Watson`s third Test century helped them to 307/4 at stumps.
Meanwhile, Anderson had said that he is playing in the final Ashes Test at The Oval to finish what he started and get back to the form that he would like.
Even though the match would not change the fact that England has won the Ashes and Anderson seems in need of a rest, the strike bowler feels that he has unfinished business in this series and a point to prove ahead of the return Ashes in Australia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij