Anderson moves to second on England`s list of top Test wicket takers
London: England pace spearhead James Anderson has moved into the second position on his country`s all-time list of Test wicket-takers, with his 326th Test victim being Australian captain Michael Clarke on Day one of the final Ashes Test on Wednesday.
According to Metro.co.uk, Anderson drew level with former England cricketer Bob Willis on 325 in the morning when David Warner edged behind, and is now behind former Test captain Sir Ian Botham, who has 383 scalps.
Despite Anderson`s milestone, Australia will be happy with their effort after Shane Watson`s third Test century helped them to 307/4 at stumps.
Meanwhile, Anderson had said that he is playing in the final Ashes Test at The Oval to finish what he started and get back to the form that he would like.
Even though the match would not change the fact that England has won the Ashes and Anderson seems in need of a rest, the strike bowler feels that he has unfinished business in this series and a point to prove ahead of the return Ashes in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened