Anderson says England have found `vulnerable` Watson`s Achilles heel
Sydney: England leading fast bowler James Anderson has said that he did not necessarily see Watson as a ready-made LBW candidate, but said that the team`s plans to pick him apart had clearly worked.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Anderson opined that the stats obviously showed that Watson was susceptible to getting out LBW but his strength was bowling out-swingers to find the outside edge, adding that a lot of footage was watched by the team beforehand.
Anderson added that plans went through his head at the time he was bowling and he tried to do more with deliveries.
Meanwhile, former Australian Test batsman Damien Martyn thought that only Watson could provide an answer to why he remained such an unfulfilled talent with the bat at Test level, having still only compiled two centuries in 43 Tests, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch