Anderson says England have found `vulnerable` Watson`s Achilles heel
Sydney: England leading fast bowler James Anderson has said that he did not necessarily see Watson as a ready-made LBW candidate, but said that the team`s plans to pick him apart had clearly worked.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Anderson opined that the stats obviously showed that Watson was susceptible to getting out LBW but his strength was bowling out-swingers to find the outside edge, adding that a lot of footage was watched by the team beforehand.
Anderson added that plans went through his head at the time he was bowling and he tried to do more with deliveries.
Meanwhile, former Australian Test batsman Damien Martyn thought that only Watson could provide an answer to why he remained such an unfulfilled talent with the bat at Test level, having still only compiled two centuries in 43 Tests, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi