Andy Flower defends Cook`s captaincy
London: England coach Andy Flower has praised captain Alastair Cook for his leadership but kept mum on his own future as team director.
According to the Guardian, Flower defended Cook`s captaincy, which has been regularly criticized as dull and unimaginative by Shane Warne, especially during the fifth Test at The Oval.
He said that there was more to leadership than funky field placings and players trusted and respected the captain.
However, at being asked about his future, Flower said that one should learn to enjoy the moment and not look far ahead, adding that he was focusing on enjoying the evening after the win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion