Ashes 2013: Brad Haddin sets new record for most wicket-keeping dismissals in a series
Johannesburg: Australian vice-captain Brad Haddin has set a new world record for most dismissals by a wicketkeeper in a Test series after he caught a ball edged by England`s Joe Root on the final day of the fifth Ashes match at The Oval on Sunday.
According to Sport24, Root`s exit saw Haddin complete his 29th dismissal of the five-match series, as he surpassed the record of 28 set by Australian wicket-keeping great Rodney Marsh in the 1982/83 Ashes in Australia.
In both Haddin`s and Marsh`s cases, all the dismissals were caught, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh