Ashes 2013: Brad Haddin sets new record for most wicket-keeping dismissals in a series
Johannesburg: Australian vice-captain Brad Haddin has set a new world record for most dismissals by a wicketkeeper in a Test series after he caught a ball edged by England`s Joe Root on the final day of the fifth Ashes match at The Oval on Sunday.
According to Sport24, Root`s exit saw Haddin complete his 29th dismissal of the five-match series, as he surpassed the record of 28 set by Australian wicket-keeping great Rodney Marsh in the 1982/83 Ashes in Australia.
In both Haddin`s and Marsh`s cases, all the dismissals were caught, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day