Ashes 2013: England eye Tremlett to aid 4-0 victory
London: England is resting their hopes of winning the final Ashes Test at The Oval on towering bowler Chris Tremlett following the injuries to fast bowlers Tim Bresnan and Graham Onions, which forced them to postpone the selection of their squad for the Test.
According to the Independent, England is determined to leave nothing to chance in seeking an unprecedented 4-0 win at home against Australia and will consider all options as it is almost impossible for them to select Bresnan and Onions in the squad.
The report further said that with Bresnan falling a victim to a stress fracture of the lower back and Onions laid down by a broken little finger, England is stretching their resources by eyeing Tremlett to replace Bresnan and shelving of any vague idea of resting pace spearhead James Anderson for the match starting on Wednesday.
However, the report said that Tremlett has to first come out unharmed through the Twenty20 finals on Saturday where he is appearing for Surrey, adding that the fact that Tremlett has also not played a first-class match for five weeks is an added problem for the squad.
Meanwhile, the report said that fast bowler Steven Finn is also up for contention as he took seven wickets in the six-wicket County Championship win against Durham last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing