Australia`a Agar sent for scan after sore hip
London: Australian spinner Ashton Agar was sent for scans on his sore hip after the first day`s play in the second Ashes Test between England and Australia at Lord`s.
Agar, 19, who made his debut in the first Ashes Test in Trent Bridge, Nottingham, bowled 13 overs in the first innings Thursday.
The injury is expected to be minor and Agar joined the Australians on the field early on day two and is expected to bat and bowl, reports Sydney Morning Herald.
However, it is understood that he had a scan on his left hip after play Thursday and will be re-assessed after the match.
Also, Steve Smith, who took three wickets late on day one, revealed he had been battling a quadriceps injury and therefore had not bowled much in the nets leading up to his cameo at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list