Australia can bounce back: Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke is confident that his team can come back from the close defeat at Trent Bridge to win the second Test at Lord`s starting on Thursday.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Captain Clarke opined that it would not be difficult to bounce back and all the players were full of energy, wanting success on the tour.
In one of the most dramatic and controversial Ashes matches in history, it came as a surprise that it was the Decision Review System (DRS) that eventually inflicted the most heartbreaking of defeats on Australia, the report said.
However, the report added that it was the correct call when James Anderson got Brad Haddin caught behind, which also ended the spirited comeback from the Aussies after England needed just one wicket to win with a lot of runs left in the chase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!