Bell says England `preparing well` to face Fawad Ahmed in Ashes
Sydney: England batsman Ian Bell has said that his team will be prepared to face Australian spinner Fawad Ahmed in the Ashes, who made his international debut in the post-Ashes limited-overs series in England.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Nathan Lyon, the incumbent spinner, and Ahmed, will face off in the Sheffield Shield game between Victoria and NSW from Wednesday while the England tourists confront Australia A in a warm-up match in Hobart.
Bell said that from what he saw in the one-day series, Ahmed bowled okay but he also knew that the ex-Pak refugee had bowled quite well recently for Victoria, adding that one thing players are not short of these days is video footage and information.
Part time leggie Steve Smith surprised Bell during the recent Ashes in England, twice dismissing the leading run scorer in the series, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray