Bell says England `preparing well` to face Fawad Ahmed in Ashes
Sydney: England batsman Ian Bell has said that his team will be prepared to face Australian spinner Fawad Ahmed in the Ashes, who made his international debut in the post-Ashes limited-overs series in England.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Nathan Lyon, the incumbent spinner, and Ahmed, will face off in the Sheffield Shield game between Victoria and NSW from Wednesday while the England tourists confront Australia A in a warm-up match in Hobart.
Bell said that from what he saw in the one-day series, Ahmed bowled okay but he also knew that the ex-Pak refugee had bowled quite well recently for Victoria, adding that one thing players are not short of these days is video footage and information.
Part time leggie Steve Smith surprised Bell during the recent Ashes in England, twice dismissing the leading run scorer in the series, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users