Bell warns England to be `spot-on` during return Ashes or risk facing `hostile ` Oz attack
London: England batting star Ian Bell has warned his side to get their preparations `spot-on` or risk facing a hard assault in the winter Ashes from their arch-rivals Australia, who would be looking to avenge their 3-0 drubbing in the summer series.
Bell, who was the pride of English cricket after his three Ashes hundreds earned him the Compton Miller medal-awarded to the Ashes man of the series in memory of legends Denis Compton and Keith Miller, has already shunted personal achievement to one side to prepare for another assault on Australia.
According to the Mirror, Bell admitted that although his team could get easily carried away by the knowledge that winning four Ashes series on the bounce would be a massive achievement, they are however, under no illusions about how hard it is going to be for them in Australia.
Calling for the need to prepare accordingly to face a hostile Australian assault and an equally aggressive crowd, Bell further said that Australia has an impressive record at the Gabba, which is the scene for the first Test, adding that it is important to draw the first blood in the Ashes as only once in the last eight Ashes had an England side lost the initiative after going 1-0 up - Australia in 2005.
Bell also said that there are players in his team who are aware of what it is like to both win and lose the Ashes 5-0, adding that it is such experiences that will matter the most to the team when they face their old enemies again in the winter series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy