Bopara looking to `nail down` return Ashes slot
London: England batsman Ravi Bopara is looking to push his case for the upcoming return Ashes series against Australia with a good performance in the five-match ODI series against Australia.
According to the Daily Star, although the Essex player struck a powerful unbeaten 101 against Ireland on Wednesday, he will have to perform against England`s arch-rivals over the nest eleven days, starting at Headingley on Friday.
Meanwhile, the report said that Steven Finn, who was dropped from the just-concluded Ashes, would also have to back up his selection for the return series with a convincing performance in the coming days, while James Tredwell will be pushing for the second spinner`s slot.
Simon Kerrigan is now out of the reckoning and disgraced spinner Monty Panesar`s future is still in doubt, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy