Boycott warns `misfiring` England batsmen not to ride on bowlers` shoulders
Sydney: Former England player Geoffrey Boycott has said that the nation`s batting in the Ashes has been poor and it is the pathetic Australian batting coupled with England`s bowling that has got them out of jail on most occasions.
According to Boycott in his column published in the Sydney Morning Herald, the top three England batsmen, Alastair Cook, Joe Root and Jonathan Trott, have not been in good form in the Ashes and some of the others like Root, that made him shake his head in disbelief.
The former player said that Kevin Pietersen came out smoking probably because he has a point to prove after the fuss about Hot Spot but he wrongly played the non-spinning off-spinner with half a bat, giving an easy catch.
Boycott said that even Jonny Bairstow did not use the review system well and at this level, it was not just about talent but also about using your brain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof