Broad criticises Vaughan over `money refund` comments
Wellington: England bowler Stuart Broad has accused former England captain Michael Vaughan of being `disrespectful` for suggesting that fans who purchased tickets should get some money back.
Vaughan had said that fans who have bough tickets for the upcoming one-day international series against Australia deserve a refund as England has left most of the Ashes heroes out of the squad.
Captain Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, James Anderson and Graeme Swann, who all featured in the recent 3-0 Ashes series win over the tourists, were all left out of the squads for the one-dayer against Ireland and the five-match ODI campaign against Australia.
According to Stuff.co.nz, however, Broad has defended the move and felt that Vaughan`s comments are disrespectful to the side that is going to go out on the field as it has players who have performed throughout the county season to get a chance at the international level.
Broad, who will captain England`s Twenty20 side against Australia in Southampton on Thursday, also said that those players would not be in the squad if they are not good enough to play, adding that the ODI squad would be very focused on beating Australia.
Despite Australian coach Darren Lehmann `s `inciting` comments, Broad has insisted that he is not worried about his safety, adding that he will feel like a rock star with some big `heavies` behind him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened