Broad criticises Vaughan over `money refund` comments
Wellington: England bowler Stuart Broad has accused former England captain Michael Vaughan of being `disrespectful` for suggesting that fans who purchased tickets should get some money back.
Vaughan had said that fans who have bough tickets for the upcoming one-day international series against Australia deserve a refund as England has left most of the Ashes heroes out of the squad.
Captain Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, James Anderson and Graeme Swann, who all featured in the recent 3-0 Ashes series win over the tourists, were all left out of the squads for the one-dayer against Ireland and the five-match ODI campaign against Australia.
According to Stuff.co.nz, however, Broad has defended the move and felt that Vaughan`s comments are disrespectful to the side that is going to go out on the field as it has players who have performed throughout the county season to get a chance at the international level.
Broad, who will captain England`s Twenty20 side against Australia in Southampton on Thursday, also said that those players would not be in the squad if they are not good enough to play, adding that the ODI squad would be very focused on beating Australia.
Despite Australian coach Darren Lehmann `s `inciting` comments, Broad has insisted that he is not worried about his safety, adding that he will feel like a rock star with some big `heavies` behind him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof