Broad `motivated` by incentive to win `four consecutive Ashes series in a row` in Oz
Sydney: England bowler Stuart Broad has said that he is motivated by the incentive to become a part of the first England team to win four consecutive Ashes series in a row.
Alastair Cook will lead England in Australia in the return Ashesseries as they bid to retain the urn they won for the third time in a row in the previous series following a 3-0 win, although Australia are likely to pose more of a threat on home soil.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, however, Broad, who has helped England triumph in the Ashes series of 2009, 2010/11 and 2013, said that his team is delighted at the chance to make history by winning four Ashes in a row, adding that the incentive is a huge motivation for him and his team to remain focused on their task ahead.
Stating that they will have some `down time` now to get mentally fresh ands stay in a perfect physical condition, Broad further said that it will help them hit the Tests in Australia in a full running condition even though they are aware that Australia will be a tough place to tour with their tough cricketers.
The report mentioned that the first Test gets under way on November 21 in Brisbane, less than three months since the final match on English soil concluded, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark