Chris Tremlett warns England not to get complacent in Ashes
London: England cricketer Chris Tremlett has warned his side not to risk an Ashes upset by getting complacent and taking the Australians lightly.
According to the Daily Star, although chaos in the Australian camp means that the tourists are underdogs to pull off a shock series win, Tremlett, who has been left out of the 13-man squad for the first Test at Trent Bridge on Wednesday, believes that England will not underestimate them.
Convinced that England will show their opponents no mercy, the Surrey fast bowler, who tasted Ashes glory in Australia in 2010-11, however, said that England should never get complacent as Australia is still a good team and have world class players, despite everyone writing them off.
Meanwhile, Tremlett still hopes to play for England this summer in the Ashes, despite not playing Test cricket in 18 months, and hopes to show selectors what he can do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs