Chris Tremlett warns England not to get complacent in Ashes
London: England cricketer Chris Tremlett has warned his side not to risk an Ashes upset by getting complacent and taking the Australians lightly.
According to the Daily Star, although chaos in the Australian camp means that the tourists are underdogs to pull off a shock series win, Tremlett, who has been left out of the 13-man squad for the first Test at Trent Bridge on Wednesday, believes that England will not underestimate them.
Convinced that England will show their opponents no mercy, the Surrey fast bowler, who tasted Ashes glory in Australia in 2010-11, however, said that England should never get complacent as Australia is still a good team and have world class players, despite everyone writing them off.
Meanwhile, Tremlett still hopes to play for England this summer in the Ashes, despite not playing Test cricket in 18 months, and hopes to show selectors what he can do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days