Clarke says `no idea` when he will play again
London: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that is not sure when he will be fit to play cricket again, and although he is positive he would be fit for the return Ashes, there is no guarantee at this stage.
According to the Mirror, Clarke was speaking after it was revealed he would miss Australia`s tour of India due to a long-standing back problem.
The Baggy Greens` physio Alex Kountouris had earlier said Clarke would need an `extensive` rehabilitation period before returning to competitive cricket, the report said.
Clarke said that he was always positive and just needs to make sure he does everything to give himself the best chance.
Australia will be looking for revenge after losing this summer`s Ashes series in England 3-0, the report added.
The first Ashes Test starts in Brisbane on November 21, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?