Clarke says `no idea` when he will play again
London: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that is not sure when he will be fit to play cricket again, and although he is positive he would be fit for the return Ashes, there is no guarantee at this stage.
According to the Mirror, Clarke was speaking after it was revealed he would miss Australia`s tour of India due to a long-standing back problem.
The Baggy Greens` physio Alex Kountouris had earlier said Clarke would need an `extensive` rehabilitation period before returning to competitive cricket, the report said.
Clarke said that he was always positive and just needs to make sure he does everything to give himself the best chance.
Australia will be looking for revenge after losing this summer`s Ashes series in England 3-0, the report added.
The first Ashes Test starts in Brisbane on November 21, according to the report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference