Cook and Co. set to `get greedy` to repeat `celebratory` Durham show in Oval Test
Sydney: England captain Alastair Cook has said that he and his teammates are going to `get greedy` and try to repeat their epic nine-wicket record in a session at The Oval.
According to News.com.au, although England`s retention of the Ashes urn at the Old Trafford was washed out by the rain, their performance at Chester-le-Street, Durham was a celebration for the ages as Australia crumbled to be all out for 224, giving England victory by 74 runs and a 3-0 series lead.
Hailing his side`s win, Cook agreed that the Test felt like a `real celebration`, saying that they will try hard to repeat their performance in the fifth Test at The Oval, although he quipped that they will be thinking about that with sore heads on Wednesday as they going to let down their hair to enjoy their `special` win.
Stating that the win highlighted how tough his team was, Cook also said that they have come successfully through tough situations under both his and former captain Andrew Strauss` rule, adding that they have learnt how not to get beaten when they are up against a strong side.
According to Cook, even when the game is almost even, they have the players needed to take the game by the `scruff of the neck`, adding that it gives him as a captain a lot of confidence to know that his side has the experience and talent to get themselves up.
Cook also said that they have gained the momentum by building a large amount of pressure on Australian batsmen with a lot of good bowling, adding that each of his players played their part in making sure that there was no let-up from England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town