Cook and Co. set to `get greedy` to repeat `celebratory` Durham show in Oval Test
Sydney: England captain Alastair Cook has said that he and his teammates are going to `get greedy` and try to repeat their epic nine-wicket record in a session at The Oval.
According to News.com.au, although England`s retention of the Ashes urn at the Old Trafford was washed out by the rain, their performance at Chester-le-Street, Durham was a celebration for the ages as Australia crumbled to be all out for 224, giving England victory by 74 runs and a 3-0 series lead.
Hailing his side`s win, Cook agreed that the Test felt like a `real celebration`, saying that they will try hard to repeat their performance in the fifth Test at The Oval, although he quipped that they will be thinking about that with sore heads on Wednesday as they going to let down their hair to enjoy their `special` win.
Stating that the win highlighted how tough his team was, Cook also said that they have come successfully through tough situations under both his and former captain Andrew Strauss` rule, adding that they have learnt how not to get beaten when they are up against a strong side.
According to Cook, even when the game is almost even, they have the players needed to take the game by the `scruff of the neck`, adding that it gives him as a captain a lot of confidence to know that his side has the experience and talent to get themselves up.
Cook also said that they have gained the momentum by building a large amount of pressure on Australian batsmen with a lot of good bowling, adding that each of his players played their part in making sure that there was no let-up from England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre