Cook finds England captaincy tiring
London: England captain Alastair Cook has admitted that he finds his job tiring, a fortnight ahead of their first warm-up match of the winter Ashes tour in Australia.
Cook will lead his men to Australia in search of a fourth consecutive Ashes victory in the winter series starting from November 21, with his side being slight favourites following their 3-0 win in the summer Ashes at home.
According to the Mirror, however, Cook, who was appointed as captain in 2012, revealed that he finds it fatiguing to follow Andrew Strauss as England cricket captain as he is has to handle the pressure of getting tested every day, and still remains in the dark from which angle he and his team will be come under scrutiny in the future again.
Stating that such things eventually can wear down a person, Cook further said that it is necessary to manage such issues and put them into proper perspective in order to do his job in a better way.
The report mentioned that the left-handed batsman, who boasts the highest ever unbeaten Ashes score with his 235 not out in 2010, would be placed among the greatest Ashes legends if he scores a fourth consecutive victory in Australia this winter.
However, Cook believes that his style and manner of handling his men is a contrast to that of his predecessor`s Strauss because of his age, although he admitted that it had been difficult to fill Strauss` shoes as the former skipper was quite respected and was an outstanding person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’