Cook warns England not to use last Ashes triumph in Australia as `blueprint`
London: England captain Alastair Cook has warned his side that they cannot use their last Ashes triumph in Australia as a `blueprint` for the upcoming winter Ashes series in the same venue.
Cook, who along with his side survived their weekend boot camp with a military flavour, plundered 766 runs in England`s 3-1 win under then-skipper Andrew Strauss in 2010-11.
However, the Mirror reports that Cook believes England`s bid to win a fourth consecutive series against Australia will not be as simple as following an old formula, adding that they will have to play their best in Australia this time and cannot use what happened three years ago as a blueprint.
Cook further said that it was tough on him to lose 5-0 in his first Ashes series as it was something special to win three Tests by an innings in Australia last time.
The report further said that Cook has lost just one of his 16 Tests in charge - last winter in Ahmedabad, a result swiftly rectified by stunning wins in Mumbai and Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!