Cook warns England not to use last Ashes triumph in Australia as `blueprint`
London: England captain Alastair Cook has warned his side that they cannot use their last Ashes triumph in Australia as a `blueprint` for the upcoming winter Ashes series in the same venue.
Cook, who along with his side survived their weekend boot camp with a military flavour, plundered 766 runs in England`s 3-1 win under then-skipper Andrew Strauss in 2010-11.
However, the Mirror reports that Cook believes England`s bid to win a fourth consecutive series against Australia will not be as simple as following an old formula, adding that they will have to play their best in Australia this time and cannot use what happened three years ago as a blueprint.
Cook further said that it was tough on him to lose 5-0 in his first Ashes series as it was something special to win three Tests by an innings in Australia last time.
The report further said that Cook has lost just one of his 16 Tests in charge - last winter in Ahmedabad, a result swiftly rectified by stunning wins in Mumbai and Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh