Cook warns England not to use last Ashes triumph in Australia as `blueprint`
London: England captain Alastair Cook has warned his side that they cannot use their last Ashes triumph in Australia as a `blueprint` for the upcoming winter Ashes series in the same venue.
Cook, who along with his side survived their weekend boot camp with a military flavour, plundered 766 runs in England`s 3-1 win under then-skipper Andrew Strauss in 2010-11.
However, the Mirror reports that Cook believes England`s bid to win a fourth consecutive series against Australia will not be as simple as following an old formula, adding that they will have to play their best in Australia this time and cannot use what happened three years ago as a blueprint.
Cook further said that it was tough on him to lose 5-0 in his first Ashes series as it was something special to win three Tests by an innings in Australia last time.
The report further said that Cook has lost just one of his 16 Tests in charge - last winter in Ahmedabad, a result swiftly rectified by stunning wins in Mumbai and Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre