Debutant Agar`s 98 highest by Test No.11
Nottingham: Australia`s Ashton Agar made a dream debut by posting highest score by a number eleven batsman, 98 off 101 balls, in the first Ashes Test against England here Thursday.
The 19-year-old surpassed West Indian Tino Best`s 95 for the remarkable feat coming on day two of the match. In response to England`s first innings score of 215, Australia ended with 280 taking a crucial lead of 65 runs.
Agar shared a 163-run partnership with Phil Hughes (81 not out) to bail out of trouble Australia, who at one stage were 117 for nine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?