Ed Cowan backs Oz to `exploit` England`s loss of `valuable seamer` Bresnan
Sydney: After England prevailed over an Australian Invitational XI side in their warm-up game, Test opener Ed Cowan has said that the men from Down Under will be able to exploit the opposition`s loss of valuable seamer Tim Bresnan for the first Test.
According to News.com.au, Cowan was critical of Bresnan`s fellow pacemen Steven Finn and Boyd Rankin bowling too short in the four-day game.
He said that if they get too short at the Gabba , they would be murdered, adding that Bresnan was a massive player for them who was a real unsung hero and Australia will look to exploit on his loss on Thursday.
Bresnan is recovering from stress fractures of the lower back, which cost him the last Test at the Oval 10 weeks ago, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’