Ed Cowan backs Oz to `exploit` England`s loss of `valuable seamer` Bresnan
Sydney: After England prevailed over an Australian Invitational XI side in their warm-up game, Test opener Ed Cowan has said that the men from Down Under will be able to exploit the opposition`s loss of valuable seamer Tim Bresnan for the first Test.
According to News.com.au, Cowan was critical of Bresnan`s fellow pacemen Steven Finn and Boyd Rankin bowling too short in the four-day game.
He said that if they get too short at the Gabba , they would be murdered, adding that Bresnan was a massive player for them who was a real unsung hero and Australia will look to exploit on his loss on Thursday.
Bresnan is recovering from stress fractures of the lower back, which cost him the last Test at the Oval 10 weeks ago, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know