Ed Cowan focusing on Shield cricket to earn Oz Test recall
Sydney: Australian cricket player Ed Cowan has admitted that after being dropped from the Australian team following the first Ashes Test, days turned into ordeals but he has also had plenty of time to work on his batting technique.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Cowan expressed that when a cricketer was playing consistently, he lost sight of where he was at because of just finding a way to compete, week in and week out, adding that to be able to take stock and be able to work on things in the nets was a good opportunity.
The Aussie said that he always thought he was a decent player against spin but that was only against spin on Australian wickets that don`t turn a lot.
Cowan said that he would take his Test experiences back to Shield cricket and hope for the best in terms of earning a Test recall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145