England defend playing tactics after Lehmann`s `dour` jibe
Johannesburg: England have hit back at Australian coach Darren Lehmann who recently said that they were a `dour side` and defended their approach to cricket.
Although England completed a third straight Ashes Test series win at home to Australia last month by taking a five-match series 3-0, they were criticised for an excessively defensive approach with both bat and ball.
Lehmann said that England`s style was not the type of cricket he would play and he would like to see their over-rates picked up.
England managing director of cricket Hugh Morris, responding to Lehmann`s latest remarks, said he`d no problems with the brand of cricket played by Alastair Cook`s side, according to the report.
He said that over the last five years, the results of the team had spoken for themselves.
England national selector Geoff Miller, himself a former Test off-spinner, expressed that Cook`s team was capable of adapting their game to different situations, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest